Thursday, October 18, 2007

Goodbye Goomba baby....

A few weeks ago he got sticky eye somehow... not really sure how but when I last saw him, it was pretty bad to the point where Martin had to pry his eye open and even with his eye open a lot of puss leaked out.... he was getting better... from what I heard, I hadnt seen him since then.... From what Martin said last night & this morning, he was getting a lot better. He had stopped eating and drinking for a few days and started dropping weight. And usually, the sign of dropping weight scares me because it reminds me of Hammie... we agreed that if by next week the sticky eye hadnt gone away then we were taking him to the vet. Aside from that, he was still active, eating and drinking normally... so if he was still active and eating there would be no reason to take him, plus he didnt really show much sign of pain...

He passed away earlier today.... just yesterday I had found the time to post an entry about it in a hamster community I usually go to when I have questions (since one of the main people is a hamster vet helper) and she had to me that when her little one got it, he ended up having a breathing problem and had to be put to sleep... so I was worried about it all this morning... maybe had I found out sooner, or maybe had we taken him at the first sign of the infection... or maybe maybe maybe. I could sit here & beat myself up for being a "bad mommy" but in reality, no matter what we had done, when we had done it was probably still going to be too late.

Of course when Martin had called to tell me that Goomba was gone I suddenly wasnt feeling sick anymore and all I could think about was getting there as fast as I could (even though I JUST got home). I'm not too upset about it as I was with Hammie... of course I will miss him... of course things already feel different.... I know I have many memories with him but I just cant seem to think of any right now.... besides my favorite "nurrr" face... or giving him the special "goomba" kisses, or how excited Martin was when we got him and how we thought he was older but really he just had too much hair. And of course playing with Gizmo and fighting with my baby boy all the time... but other then those random memories, nothing else comes to mind... I dont have many pictures of him either... which probably doesnt help.

I do remember he was a pretty good baby and he was really really fluffy. He was pretty strong for such a small animal and he seemed really smart. He will be missed, of course. At least he passed in his sleep.

Rest In Peace Goomba Baby.
We love you.
April 27, 2006 - October 18, 2007

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home